Friday, March 6, 2015

After Action Report

This report is for Adamant Arrow distribution only.  
Date: TBD
Arrow: Cerberus
Area: Tampa Bay
Awakened Deaths: 0
Sleeper Deaths: 0

Report:
While consoling my cabal member over the loss of his mundane job there was a loud noise heard coming from the ward’s (sleeper) bedroom. Upon opening the door I saw her being dragged out the hole where the window was (window was destroyed in a previous incident on the property). I followed the girl out the window, but could not make out the manner of creature that was taking her. I activated night vision, and immediately recognized the assailant as the mentally deficient neighbor boy. At this time the ghost-guards on the property became involved. I attempted to Control the first to prevent it from harming the boy. Unfortunately this is when everything got out of control. The owner of the property, possibly reliving the way he lost his wife and daughter many years before, lost his composure. He ordered his guardians to “Kill him” and was able to overpower my control. I attempted to knock some sense into him, so he could get his emotions under control. When that failed I attempted to threaten him with my weapon (9mm semi-auto). Unfortunately there was no reasoning with him. The guardians were beginning to harm the boy and I had to make it perfectly clear that I was serious. I am not proud of this choice, but at this point I, carefully, fired on my friend aiming for his shoulder so as not to harm him seriously. This use of deadly force got the message across and he called off the ghosts.
This is where things became odd. He chose to “play dead” at this point, leaving me to deal with the impending police arrival. Left with no easy way to explain why I shot my friend I decayed my weapon, tried to calm the retard, removed any evidence that I had fired a gun, and try to come up with a good explanation for what happened. 3 out of 4 isn’t bad… the police did not believe my story. I strongly believe that was due in part to me not being able to remove my holster before they arrived. I got to spend a night in jail…yay. With no physical evidence linking me to the shot, no reliable witnesses, and nothing to hold me on, I was free to go. Cabal mate extricated himself from the morgue at about the same time I was being released.
In the end no one was hurt, permanently, and the lie is still in place. I need to have a more urgent conversation with my friend about the use of vulgar magic very soon. I also need to replace my lost weapon.